- Understand the future requirements for batteries and the latest technological advancements in battery systems
- Explore the new solutions inside and outside the battery cell to make the vehicle safer and efficient
- Identify innovative and low-cost solutions for pack design and solid crash frames
- Discuss new control strategies for inductive and plug-in charging to achieve a long and safe battery life
- Learn about latest innovations in accident prevention and handling of worst case scenarios
This report takes us through the latest news and developments within the automotiv battery safety industry, that professionals absolutely needs to know! Learn more about Tesla, Samsung, Lucid Motors, Toyota, and many more.
Flexible hardware architecture for battery management systems: what architecture best suits your needs
Lithium-ion is the best battery technology the world has ever seen. According to a July 2016 report by IDTechX, energy density has increased by 5 % per year whilst cost has reduced by 8 % per year.
However, it is still not a perfect fit: Firstly, it is unlikely to achieve the medium-term transformation which requires improvements in cost and performance of the order of five and, secondly, there are safety concerns over the inherently unstable technology
Jan Becker, Chair for Electrochemical Energy Conversion and Storage Systems at RWTH Aachen University, did a presentation at past years Automotive Battery Safety event, on the topic Benefits of enhanced battery management system diagnostic functions.
After some prominent events with Tesla cars, there are still some concerns when it comes to the safety of these high density energy storages. Fortunately, work is underway to improve this factor, as well, especially on electrolytes.
Philippe Gyan, Research Engineer for Battery Innovations at Groupe Renault, did a presentation at our previous event on the topic "Battery ageing tests and modelling under calendar, cycling and mixed conditions".
Download the presentation, and learn more from Philippe Gyan who also will be speaking at the Automotive Battery Safety event in April.
- Challenges on battery durability
- Design of experiment for battery ageing
- Battery ageing results
- Applications to real-use scenario representations and durability strategies
- Further developments